I LOVE American-style cornbread. It’s my go-to when I’m in the US, but original versions can be a little greasy. My recipe is less dense with no added sugar or wheat, instead using coconut flour which is high in fiber, protein, and includes only healthy fats. Coconut flour is also low in sugar, digestible carbohydrates, calories, and has a low glycemic index – perfect for sustaining consistent energy levels. I add a touch of parmesan which works really well against the sweetcorn.
- 2 large eggs
- 250 g tin of drained sweetcorn
- 50 g grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- tsp baking powder
- A good sprinkle of hot smoked paprika
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C or equivalent
- Butter a small loaf tin and set aside
- Drain your tin of sweetcorn and add to a blender along with the eggs
- Add the batter to a mixing bowl and fold in the grated parmesan, paprika and baking powder
- Fold in the coconut flour and pour the batter into your loaf tin
- Add Bake for 35 to 40 minutes depending on your oven.
- Serve with a a spread or real, natural butter
- *This loaf is perfect served warm or once cooled