Mini Salmon Flés
This little dish, although basic is something that would make a great light lunch, or starter to a meal. Although not strictly a soufflé (as you don’t make with beaten egg whites here) they do puff up brilliantly, are filling and don’t have an ounce of wheat flour or cheese in them. Think of them if you will as fancy mini omelettes if you will!
- 4 large Duck eggs
- Half a chopped red chilli
- 4 slices of good Wild Smoked Salmon
- A small handful of parsley
- A small handful of organic baby spinach
- Rock salt (ideally Himalayan) and pepper to taste
- 100% Virgin Coconut oil or butter to grease the muffin tray
- A good handful of rocket leaves per person
- Olive oil, balsamic vinegar to drizzle
- Chia seeds to dress
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°
- Grease the muffin trays with coconut oil and place into the oven for the pan to heat up.
- Meanwhile whisk the eggs in a bowl, chop and add in half of the salmon, leaving enough to dress later.
- Chop the parsley, chilli and add into the egg mixture.
- Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Take out the muffin tray and pour up to half of each muffin tray with the egg mixture.
- Place the tray back into the oven and let them cook for about 20 minutes, until they have puffed up and are a lovely brown colour on top.
- While they are cooking, dress each plate with the rocket.
- When cooked arrange 2/3 per person (or 1 per person for a small starter)on top of the rocket.
- Finally drizzle each plate with some olive oil, balsamic vinegar and scatter with a teaspoon per plate of chia seeds (optional).