Homemade Almond Milk
Believe it or not almond milk is so easy to prepare at home, and the difference in taste and freshness is unmistakable. It’s also one of the most satisfying things to make. I know you’ll be pleasantly surprised, so do give it a go!
- 2 cup raw, unsalted almonds
- 4 cup filtered water
- A nut milk bag
- Place the almonds in a large bowl and soak for at least 12 hours in enough water to cover the nuts. *The soaking removes any anti-nutrients and enzymes that can interfere with digestion.
- Once soaked rinse the nuts a few times, to remove any scum.
- Place a further 4 cups of cold filtered water onto the almonds, and whiz up in a blender. This will take a few minutes, until you get a white liquid.
- Once smooth, you can use the milk as is in its rustic form (this consistency is perfect for porridge!) or you can strain, for thinner milk in the nut bag.
- Don't waster the nut fibre! I add this into porridge, risottos or smoothies.