Healthy Fish Pie
his fish pie is rich, filling but not too heavy on the stomach as I’ve replaced half of the potato topping with cauliflower.
- 500 g floury potatoes
- 300 g cauliflower
- 200 g tub of full fat soft cheese
- 4 tsp cornflour mixed with unsweetened almond milk
- 150 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp pure butter
- 350 g skinless and boneless chunks of wild (or sustainably farmed) salmon
- 350 g kinless and boneless flaked cod
- 100 g cooked peeled prawns
- Enough grated parmesan to cover the top of your fish pie (to taste)
- Rock salt and pepper (to taste)
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C (Fan: 190C)
- Boil your potatoes and cauliflour until tender. Mash and add in your butter (add salt and pepper to taste).
- While the potatoes are cooking melt the cream cheese with the almond milk. Blend until smooth then add in the cornflour and heat gently until it begins to thicken.
- Stir in your fish and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the fish mixture into a baking dish.
- Spread your potatoe topping on top, in sections, then spread out until even.
- Finally sprinkle across your grated parmesan for a crunchy and slightly cheesy topping.
- Cook for 25 - 30 mins until hot and bubbling around the sides (finish off under a hot grill for a few minutes if a browner top is prefered.