Goji & Chia Protein Loaf – Wheat free & Veggie
I’ve recently devised this beautifully tasty and moist loaf packed full of ‘good’ fats, protein & fibre. It makes the perfect post workout snack due to its high protein content. Top tip: The loaf freezes brilliantly. Slice as many portions as you want to freeze, place in a freezer bag and take out slices as and when required. It’s also delicious warmed up with a good cup of tea!
- 100 g buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 medium organic eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 50 g Pea Protein Isolate
- 50 g Goji Berries
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 170 g Medjool dates
- 200 ml unsweetened Almond milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°.
- Place the dates, goji berries, eggs, unsweetned almond milk and coconut oil into a blender/Magic Bullet Deluxe System or Nutri Bullet blending until all the dates and berries have broken up and you have a bright batter. If you prefer whole goji berries add after the blitzing stage with the other dry ingredients.
- Place the liquid in a large mixing bowl. In a seperate bowl mix the dry ingredients and slowly fold into the batter.
- Pour into a loaf tin prepared with parchment paper.
- Bake at 180°for 35-40 minutes (depending on your oven) until the top is golden and a knife comes out clean from the middle of the loaf.