Fruit & Nut Quinoa Granola
I’ve been speaking to a few people recently who have been struggling with oats in their diets. Although great in soluble fibre, some people do struggle with this grain and it’s also not included in paleo diets. With that in mind, I’ve created a cereal using quinoa as the grain equivalent, which gives the cereal a half granola, half muesli consistency. It’s not only light and tasty but full of protein and ‘good fats’ from the coconut oil and nuts. To make the nuts more digestible activate them by soaking overnight, and drying again in the oven on a very low heat.
- 100 g cooked quinoa
- 50 g raisins
- 50 g pitted and chopped dates
- 50 g walnuts
- 50 g cashews
- 3 tbsp Raw Chia Seeds
- 4 tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar
- 2 tbsp Flaxseed, Sunflower, Pumpkin, Sesame Seeds and Goji Berries
- 1 tbsp Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°
- Chop the cashew, walnuts and dates
- On a low heat melt the coconut oil in a frying pan, then add the nuts, dates, raisins and quinoa
- Add the chia seeds and finally the coconut sugar
- Once everything is mixed, take of the heat and add the flax mill
- Lay out on to a baking tray and bake for 25/30 minutes depending on your oven at 180 degrees C/Gas mark 6.
- Remove once lightly browned and let the bake cool. Once cool break up the granola and add to an airtight jar.
- Enjoy with unsweetened almond milk, or sprinkled on some coconut yoghurt.