This spicy, warming Christmas mincemeat uses unrefined sugar and is suet free for any veggies out there.
- 225 g bramley apples
- 225 g sun-maid raisins
- Grated zest and juice of 2 oranges
- Grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 2 fl oz slithered almonds
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 4 tbsp brandy
- Add all the ingredients (except the brandy) into a large mixing bowl and let the mixture develop in richness for at least 4 hours (or preferably overnight).
- When developed add to a pan and gently heat until everything starts to bubble and reduce.
- Remove from the heat and let the mincemeat cool.
- Once cooled add the brandy and pour into sterilized pots or use.