I’ve created some guilt free treats which would make the perfect gift. The caramel is made from cashew nut butter and the only fat is healthy coconut oil and from the nuts. The sweetness comes from maple syrup. Enjoy!
- 100 g Coconut Oil
- Good pinch of pink Himalayan rock salt
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cashew nut butter
- Make the caramel by mixing the maple syrup and coconut oil into the cashew nut butter. The mixture will stiffen slightly, so once prepared add into a piping bag and set aside while you make the chocolate base.
- In a pan melt the coconut oil then take of the heat. Mix in the cacao powder and maple syrup and set aside. Wait until the chocolate mixture is starting to thicken slightly before adding into the paper cases. This helps prevent over spill and misshapen chocolates. To make the process easier pour into a jug and pour into each case on a steady surface.
- Add enough chocolate to fill half of the case. Set aside for a few minutes before adding the caramel.
- Pipe a small amount of caramel, then top with the rest of the chocolate until each case is full.
- Set aside and let the chocolates fully cool and harden before serving, or adding to a gift bag.