Beetroot, Goats Cheese & Walnut Tart
We’re all about a balanced diet at Balanced Being, and sometimes it’s great to indulge a little. This puff pastry tart is all about that, and perfect for friends and family gatherings, or part of an afternoon tea. If you’re celiac then you can also make this tart using a wheat-free pastry. Opt for a pre-bought pastry that is as natural as possible with pure butter. If you have the time go ahead and make your own!
- 500 g pack of all butter puff pastry
- handful chopped walnuts
- A sprig of rosemary
- A big handful of rocket for dressing
- Enough thinly sliced cooked beetroot slices, I used about 5 small beetroots
- 125-150 g soft goats cheese you can slice
- Set your oven to 180°.
- Roll out your pastry on a well floured board on top of some parchment paper so it's about 1/2 an inch in height. Transfer the pastry onto an oiled baking tray, prick the middle of the pastry and scrunch up the edges so you won't lose the filling when cooking or serving. *You could also make individual tarts if you prefer.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes to prevent a soggy bottom (yeah I went there!)
- Remove from the oven and arrange the slices of beetroot evenly onto of the pastry.
- Next, arrange slices of the goats cheese evenly across the beetroot slices.
- Sprinkle over your chopped walnuts and rosemary, add salt and pepper to taste then bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes depending on your oven until golden
- Serve warm from the oven with a good handful of rocket