Banana Pancakes With Chocolate Hazelnut Sauce
These are wheat-free and dairy-free, but be warned you’ll want the chocolate hazelnut sauce on everything!
- 3 tbsp raw banana powder or a very ripe small banana
- 3 tbsp buckwheat flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100 ml unsweetened almond milk or extra if you prefer a thinner pancake
- A pinch of Himalayan rock salt ound black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp coconut oil for cooking (or clarified butter/ghee
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp unsalted and unsweetened hazelnut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 5 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- A good pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- On a low heat melt the maple syrup, salt, hazelnut butter and cacao until you get a smooth sauce.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs and add in the buckwheat flour, banana powder (or mashed banana) plus the baking powder.
- Add the almond milk and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- In a frying pan melt the coconut oil on a medium heat until the pan is coated and add a ladle of the batter into the pan. Cook on both sides until golden.
- Warm the sauce through and drizzle over the pancakes
- Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts (optional)