Baked Avocado & Duck Egg
I’m a sucker for a lazy weekend brunch! One of my favourite ways to keep it healthy, simple yet fulfilling is a duck egg baked in an avocado. It’s a great way to get some essential fatty acids and protein, and perfect after a workout or weekend walk.
- 1/2 medium avocado per person
- 1 duck egg per person
- A sprinkle of smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- A sprinkle of chia seeds
- Organic spinach leaves
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C or equivalent.
- Crack your egg into the avocado
- Add salt, pepper and paprika to taste on top of the egg
- Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes until your egg has firmed up (depends on your oven, so ensure it's not overcooked so you get to enjoy the lovely gooey egg yolk once you break into it)
- Serve with spinach dressed with some olive oil and a sprinkle of chia seeds (you could also use toasted sesame seeds)