Avocado & Pistachio Bruschetta
This is an adaptation of one of the best dishes I had the pleasure of eating, in a restaurant called Cork, while in DC Washington visiting my brother and his girlfriend last year. The original version uses white french baguette, however I’ve substituted this for a wholemeal version which adds a nutty flavour, added fibre and gives slower releasing carbs.
- 1 medium wholemeal baguette
- 1 very ripe medium avocado
- handful roasted pistachio nuts
- 2 tbsp roasted pistachio oil
- Rock salt
- In a pestle and mortar remove the pistachio shells and grind the nuts until course – set aside for sprinkling
- Slice the avocado, set aside.
- Slice and grill the baguette and layer the avocado on each slice
- Sprinkle with the pistachio nuts, drizzle with the roasted pistachio oil and sprinkle with rock salt