Almond & Cacao Nib Porridge
If you’ve been looking for a breakfast that won’t leave a heaviness in your tummy than try this recipe. It’s also a great way to use up almond fibre from any almond milk you’ve been preparing.
- 3 tbsp ground almonds or almond pulp
- 100 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 small very ripe banana
- 1 tsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- 1 tsp either raw runny honey, coconut nectar or maple syrup
- Mash the banana and combine this with the almond milk, almond pulp, cinnamon, flax seeds and salt into a pan.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and use your hands to mash and incorporate.
- Once combined and heated through, pour into a bowl or glass. You can eat hot or cold.
- Sprinkle with Cacao nibs and drizzle with the sweetener of choice.