Weight Loss Warrior Split Pea Soup
- 4 cups dried split peas
- 1 white onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 6 cups water
- 2 vegetable bouillons
- 1 bay leaf
- black pepper + Himalayan salt to taste
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- In a medium sized pot, bring the dried split peas in about 2 cups of water to a boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for about 45 minutes until the beans are tender.
- In a sauteing pan, heat up diced onion and garlic until translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Add 4 more cups of water and the bouillon cubes (try to find low sodium bouillon cubes).
- Add the onion and garlic, bay leaf, and nutritional yeast.
- Simmer for another 20 minutes to let all the flavors settle.
- In a food processor, blend small batches of the soup until you get a creamy texture.
- Place in serving bowls, top with salt and pepper, and enjoy!