Watermelon Frozen Popsicles
The easiest and simplest way to create a healthy frozen treat is to blend your favourite plain yogurt with your favourite fruit, add natural sweetener to taste (optional) and freeze. Yogurt’s creamy goodness even has less fat than ice cream. Variations: No watermelon on hand? No worries. Try one or more of your other favourite fruits. If you want to go dairy free you can try coconut milk, almond or soy milk or yogurt instead.
- 1 1/2 watermelon
- 3/4 cup fat free thick greek yogurt
- Sweetener: Stevia, Honey, Agave, Maple or your favorite natural sweetener to taste
- Purée watermelon in blender or food processor.
- Strain with a fine mesh sieve into a bowl.
- Add strained watermelon juice back into the blender.
- Add yogurt.
- Blend well.
- Add sweetener to taste.