All of the ingredients in this recipe aid in preventing cellular damage. The phytochemicals (lycopene) and antioxidants (vitamin A and C) in red bell peppers, selenium in mushrooms, phenolic compounds and nasunin in eggplant skin, all work together to fight oxidative damage. These potent antioxidants listed above can help reverse cellular damage and prevent cancer. With all that said, if you want to increase your energy and bring vital nutrients to every cell in your body, try this recipe!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 can low sodium garbanzo beans
- 2 red peppers
- 3 portobello mushrooms
- 1 eggplant
- In a large sauce pan, heat the coconut oil and saute the onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add the red pepper and egg plant and continue sauteing for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the mushroom s, beans and seasonings (you can add 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt- optional if you are vegan) and continue sauteing for about 10 minutes on medium to low heat to lock in the flavor.
- Transfer to a serving dish, top with Greek yogurt (optional again) and mint, and serve!