Vegan Tomato Soup For The Soul
This recipe is one of my favourites for when I am prepping meals on a Sunday, or when I am too lazy to get creative in the kitchen. I also use my broth and flavour base (onion, garlic, veggie broth and seasonings) for all of the soups I make, and then decide what vegetable I want to be the star of the show.
- salt and himalayan salt to taste
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lb tomatoes
- 1 white onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tsp sage
- 1/4 cups nutritional yeast
- Chop and dice the onion and garlic.
- In a soup pan, heat up the onion and garlic with the 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- After about 5 minutes, add the vegetable stock, water, and seasonings.
- As that is heating up, chop your tomatoes.
- Add the tomatoes to the soup bowl and let the whole mixture simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the soup mixture to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!