Vegan Tofu Tacos
There is no doubt that I love my Mexican recipes: lentil tacos, Mexican quinoa bowl, Mexican stew, and vegan enchiladas to name a few. Today I've made some nutrient dense vegan tofu tacos with Swiss chard wraps, and I can't stop eating 'em!
- 1 package firm tofu
- 1 package frozen bell pepper and onion mix
- 1 can low sodium white beans
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 6 leaves Swiss Chard
- 2 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 tsp Tumeric
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Adobo Seasoning
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a sauteing pan, heat up the coconut oil and cook the bell pepper mix until cooked through.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for another three minutes.
- Drain and pat dry the firm tofu, dice, and cook with the mix for another 4 minutes.
- Rinse and drain the beans, add to the mix and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the seasonings, and juice from 1 lime, and let the entire mix cook for another 3 minutes.
- Rinse your Swiss chard leaves, set on plates, and serve the taco mix on the leaves.
- Top with nutritional yeast, juice from the second lime, and avocado on the side if you wish!