Vegan Quinoa Curry
There are three things I love about this recipe. First, that I used bean sprouts within the curry mixture and as a crunchy topping. Second; that it's smothered in a Tahini sauce infused with garlic, olive oil and lemon juice. And lastly that it tastes just like red lentil curry but with easily digestible quinoa. I love including bean sprouts in a majority of my recipes for their health purposes. I try to sprout everything that I can, beans, nuts, seeds, legumes, who knows what else I would try to sprout if it were sprout-able. There are an excessive amount of reasons why I love sprouting, and I will be sure to share my reasons in a near future post. For now, let's make some curry!
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups red curry paste
- 4 shavings ginger
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 package bean sprouts
- 1 white onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup spinach
- In a sauce pan, heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil, chop the white onion and garlic, and saute until both are translucent.
- In a larger sauce pan on low heat, heat up the cooked quinoa, and stir in the coconut oil, coconut milk, red curry paste and onion and garlic.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, then add the bean sprouts, ginger and spinach, simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Once the sprouts and spinach are slightly cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the 4 tbsp Tahini, lemon juice from 1 lemon, garlic powder and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Serve 1 cup of quinoa mixture on a plate, drizzle with the tahini mixture, and top with bean sprouts.