Vegan Plant-Based Spaghetti Alfredo
Cauliflower and cashews team up to make a fabulous dairy free sauce. This vegan plant-based spaghetti Alfredo is the perfect dish to turn a non-plant-based-believer into a lover. Check it out!
- Blend of Italian herbs (oregano, parsley)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 white onion
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 1 cup cashews (soak in water for 3 hours)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 pieces zucchinis
- Place the cauliflower in a large pot. Bring the pot of water to a boil and them simmer until the cauliflower is tender.
- In a food processor, combine the cauliflower, cashews, garlic and onion and blend for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the nutritional yeast, herbs, and flour. Blend for another 2 minutes.
- Add the almond milk, juice from the 1 lemon, 2 tbsp olive oil and apple cider vinegar and blend again for 3 minutes or until creamy and smooth. If the mixture is thick, you can add some water to thin it out.
- With a spiralizer (or if you don’t have one, you can use a vegetable shaver), spiralize the four zucchinis.
- In a pan, heat up 1 tbsp olive oil and saute the zucchini for about 4 minutes.
- Add the sauce with the zucchini and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and enjoy!