Vegan Peppermint Squares
This vegan dessert tastes just like it's dairy version, and is highly addictive!
- 1 1/2 cups soaked cashews
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1/4 cups nut milk
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 banana
- 1 bag vegan chocolate chips
- coconut oil spray
- Soak the cashews in a bowl overnight, drain and rinse well.
- In a blender; blend the cashews, coconut cream, nut milk, peppermint extract and banana until smooth and creamy.
- Line a baking tray with saran wrap and spray with the coconut oil spray so the mixture does not stick to the bottom of the tray.
- Level out the filling mixture onto the baking tray, and then place in a freezer for 30-40 minutes until the mixture is frozen.
- When there is about 3 minutes left of freezer time, heat the chocolate chips in a sauce pan until melted.
- Take the filling out of the freezer, and pour the melted chocolate over the mixture and make sure all edges of the mixture are covered.
- Place the baking tray back into the freezer for about 5-7 more minutes. Once the chocolate is hardened, but not frozen, cut the patties into sections, and serve immediately.