Vegan Gluten Free Zucchini Biscuits
This recipe is gluten free and a healthy substitute to a traditional comfort biscuit. I would also say it’s a mix between a biscuit and a muffin, since they are so dense (and sooo yummy). I used gluten free Oat Flour from Bob’s Red Mill (which works perfectly fine and just like regular flour), and non-dairy butter (Earth Balance). Still ended up with a pretty darn close taste to a regular biscuit muffin hybrid.
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 4 zucchinis
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp dairy free butter spread
- 1/3 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp minced onions
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place all dry ingredients + zucchini in a large bowl and mix together.
- Add the olive oil and dairy free butter spread to the bowl and mix together until well blended.
- Take spoonfuls of the mixture and place them in a muffin tray.
- Bake for about 35 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
- You can eat them right away or store them for weekday snacks. Sometimes if I make a large batch I’ll freeze about six so that they can carry over to the next week