One of my weaknesses is Mexican food, especially Chipotle. Argh (did you know they have a vegan burrito bowl now? - *rejoice*)! Sometimes I simply crave ooey gooey queso dip - which is pretty much melted cheese, or melted loads of calories and sodium that fit nicely in my tummy. So it's crucial that I make a healthy dish to satisfy my cravings! My vegan enchilada recipe looks pretty much like a burrito, but I just love big servings of veggies so it doesn't matter, we are still calling it an enchilada recipe! Anyways, the filling consists of nutrient bursting veggies like: spinach (lots of spinach), red peppers, corn, and onion and garlic. I also used Spice Pandas Spanish Paella mix to give these bad boys a kick.
- 2 gluten free corn tortillas
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 red pepper
- 2 cups corn
- 1 white onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 avocado
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 cup Go Veggie Vegan Cheese substitute
- 1 tsp chili seasoning
- 1 tsp adobo seasoning
- 2 limes
- 2 cups fresh cilantro
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- In a sauteing pan, heat up 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Chop up the white onion and garlic, then saute in the pan until translucent.
- Then throw in the red pepper, cilantro and parsley, and saute for another five minutes.
- After five minutes, include the spinach, and corn to the sauteing pan and cook until the spinach is slightly wilted, add 1 more tbsp of coconut oil to the mix.
- Season with the Spanish Paella mix, chili and adobe seasoning, and lime. Cook for another five minutes then set aside.
- Drain and rinse the black beans, then place them in a mixing bowl.
- With a big spoon, smash the black beans and sprinkle the mixture with adobe and chili seasonings, as well as half of a lime.
- In a larger sauteing pan, heat up two of the gluten free corn tortillas so that they become warm and crisp. For about 2 minutes each side.
- In a small sauce pan, heat up the bean mixture for about three minutes.
- Lay out the tortillas, and spread the bean mixture on each tortilla, then top each tortilla with your vegetable mixture.
- Roll up each enchilada, and top with sliced avocado, and the vegan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!