Craving pasta? Cook with spaghetti squash instead! Spaghetti squash is currently my jam n' jelly. It is super low calorie, keeps you feeling full from fiber, and keeps our metabolism working properly with the help of manganese. Spaghetti squash also keeps your skin in tip top shape since it contains Vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene. So clearly I'm going to be eating spaghetti squash whenever I want pasta so that I can satisfy my carby craving aaaand give my skin an extra boost.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 cup passata sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, and steam in a pot of water (do not cover with water) until tender.
- In a sauteeing pan, saute the onion and garlic (dice both), until translucent, and add the Passata sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Add the cooked spaghetti squash and the seasonings, and cook for another 6 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!