Six Ingredient Veggie Burger
Not only is this six ingredient veggie burger fulfilling, packed with fiber, and bursting with good for you nutrients, it is made with leftover juice pulp from your morning green juice! Yes, that is right, this is how you can recycle your juice pulp. When I make cucumber, carrot, celery & kale juice, I save the pulp and use it in recipes like soups and bulky recipes like these. Not only are you cleansing your cells in the morning with your green juice, you are eating the fiber and consuming the rest of the vitamins that are in the pulp. I enjoy my veggie burgers with no bun, but if you want to eat it like a real burger, you can use ezekiel sprouted tortillas (pictured) or take a romaine lettuce leaf and make a lettuce burger. Nutritional Values: Per Serving 316 calories Fat 2 g Carbs 47 g Protein 38 g
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup juice pulp
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- avocado slices
- shredded lettuce
- coconut oil or olive oil for cooking
- In a mixing bowl, mash the beans and mix in the nutritional yeast, garlic powder and juice pulp.
- Heat a skillet with coconut oil until the oil has melted.
- Make four patties and cook two at a time about 5 minutes on one side, then flip and cook another 5 minutes.
- Top with shredded lettuce and avocado slices and enjoy!