Simple Sun Goddess Bowl
Whether it’s adding carrots to your juices, shredding them on your salads, or cooking them for a side dish. Carrots are one of the richest sources of Vitamin A so you’ll be protecting and nourishing your skin from the inside out. You can even blend them up with lemon juice and honey to apply topically as a face mask. Sweet potatoes are another excellent source of beta carotene as well as healthy fiber and a good choice for a complex carb. I like making mashed sweet potato with honey and ginger if a sweet craving strikes. To marry these two beta carotene foods, I created a simple roasted carrot & sweet potato side dish. It’s packed with caretenoids and antioxidants that will give your skin a natural summer glow. Enjoy!
- 4 cups chopped carrots
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- drizzle of honey
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the carrots and sweet potatoes with the coconut oil and seasonings.
- Spread the mixture on a baking sheet and drizzle with a bit of honey.
- Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes. Turn the veggies about half way through so that both sides can be thoroughly cooked.
- Season with additional spices or herbs if needed and serve warm.