Rosemary Beets and Celery Root Puree
This vegan recipe is a perfect substitution for fattening comfort foods. Perfect to dive into on a cold winter's night!
- 1 package cooked beets
- 1/4 cup coconut spread or vegan butter
- 2 celery roots
- 1/2 almond milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sage
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 cup water
- Cut the beets into cubes, and throw into a small mixing bowl.
- Whip together 1 tbsp olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper, oregano and sage with the beets and set aside.
- Chop the celery root into cubes and place in a cooking pot.
- dd the Almond Milk and 1 cup of water to the pot and boil the celery root until they can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Add the coconut spread more salt and pepper, thyme and oregano to the cooking pot and mix.
- Turn off the heat, and blend the celery root with the rest of the ingredients with a hand held immersion blender in the pot or transfer to a high speed blender.
- Once the celery root is whipped, serve with the marinated beets on top.