Roasted Red Potatoes with Almond Aioli
This vegan roasted red potato recipe is ideal for people who don't want to be hovering around the kitchen for an hour while making dinner. In total, you will be spending about 15 minutes on prep, which makes this recipe ideal for the busy modern woman. Notes: Even though the total baking time for this recipe is about 1 hour, you are only spending about 15 minutes total actively cooking. The rest of the time you can get back to your work/relaxation/whatever you would like to do while your potatoes are cooking!
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 1/2 cup almonds
- sprinkle of pepper and salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 1 avocado
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- In a pan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil, then place the potatoes in the pot and simmer for about 20 minutes until tender.
- While the potatoes are boiling, blend all of the aioli ingredients in a blender or food processor, and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread a thin film of coconut oil on the sheet.
- Strain the water from the pot and let the potatoes cool for about 5 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half and place the potatoes on the sheet.
- With a fork, smash each potato so that they become flattened.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with the rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until crispy.
- Remove, and top with the almond aioili, and serve!