Roasted Cauliflower with Caper & Dill Yogurt Sauce
First-year pioneer Influencers highlighting their favorite Balanced Babe recipes they shared with us. Zoe of @onebeetwellness shared this easy flavorful recipe and one of our favorite veggies: cauliflower!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- 1/2 cup capers
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Begin by removing the small outer leaves and cutting out the tough core. Then cut the head into small bite-sized florets and wash thoroughly. One head of cauliflower should give you about three cups of florets.
- Toss the florets with olive oil and spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes, or until they are starting to brown. I like to check on them at about 15 minutes and give them a stir to make sure all sides are being equally roasted.
- Make your yogurt sauce while the cauliflower is in the oven. Finely chop the dill and capers and combine them with the yogurt and lemon juice. Feel free to add more of any of these ingredients to suit your tastes.
- Mix thoroughly and let the sauce stand for 10 minutes while you finish roasting the cauliflower. This gives the flavors time to really come together.
- Pull the cauliflower out when it has started to brown on the edges and become very aromatic. Combine the roasted cauliflower and yogurt sauce in a large mixing bowl and serve hot.
- This also makes delicious leftovers, either reheated or served cold. Make a big batch and enjoy it all week!