Roasted Basil Beet Dip
As a Valentine’s Day inspired appetizer or snack, I’m making a basil beet spread that maintains a healthy immune system, boosts stamina and supports natural detoxification.
- 1 pack cooked beets
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- pepper and himalayan salt to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Loosely chop the cooked beets.
- In a food processor, blend the beets and chickpeas.
- Add the lemon, vinegar, and olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Add the garlic, basil salt and pepper and blend again.
- Top with chopped basil or as itself and serve.