Red Clover Tonic Recipe
Another system in our body that could use a good spring cleaning could be our lymphatic system. Now our lymphatic system as I’ve explained before, works to naturally cleanse ourselves through fluid filled glands and organs. I’ve touched on lymphatic massage in the past and various techniques to rev up your stagnant lymph. In this segment I shared a red clover tonic that helps support a healthy lymph system as well! Red clover is a beautiful flower that you can buy in bulk from Whole Foods that has a mildly sweet taste when used as a tea (its most common use). Some studies have shown that when consumed it helps support a healthy lymphatic system, so you know I’ll be adding that to this lemonade recipe below!
- 1 tsp honey
- juice from 2 lemons
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp red clover leaves
- Bring the 1 cup of water to a boil on the stove top
- Steep the red clover leaves in the water and let steep for 2-3 minutes
- Strain the water out of the pot into a coffee mug
- Add the honey to the hot tea
- Fill up a drinking glass with ice cubs and pour the hot tea over the ice to cool it
- Add the lemons and enjoy!