No-Bake Vegan Energy Bars
Make these energy bars if you’ll be on the run this week too. You never know, it could save you from making that last minute run to a fast food chain.
- 1 flax egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced pepita seeds
- 1 1/2 cup mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted dates
- Throw all of the dry ingredients in a food processor (rolled oats, almonds, spices).
- Add the bananas, flax egg, dates, and vanilla extract to the food processor and blend until the mixture sticks together. If you need to, you can add 2-3 more dates to help the mix stick.
- Take handfuls of the mixture and create squares with your hands, and press the bars into a parchment paper-lined pan.
- Place the pan in your refrigerator and chill the bars for 1 or 2 hours.