Morrocan Eggplant and Chickpea Sautee
I usually eat this with a Mediterranean salad made of cucumber, red pepper, and feta cheese. Or with a side of chicken stewed in onion and cinnamon, if you are a poultry lover!
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 egg plant
- 5 vine tomatoes
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 white onion
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Chop the onion and garlic, sautee in a pan coated with coconut oil until translucent.
- Chop the tomatoes, and add to the sauteing pan.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, then add about 2 heaping spoonfuls of Greek yogurt.
- Add the mint and seasonings, and stir.
- After 3 more minutes, add the eggplant and chickpeas, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add a pinch more of cinnamon and curry, and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Serve with a topping of Greek yogurt, and garnish with mint.