Mexican Quinoa Balls
One thing I miss when I was younger with a 500mph metabolism? Going to my neighborhood Mexican restaurant. This excursion consisted of shoveling pounds of cheesy queso into my mouth. Those were the days. Now, when I'm craving this particular cuisine I have a special combination of spices that turn anything into a fiery dish of deliciousness. My quinoa (pronounced: KEEN-wah) Mexican balls are simple to make, super healthy, and addictive.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 oz goat cheese
- 2 avocado
- 1 pinch himalayan salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 4 cups quinoa
- 1 red sweet pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 white onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 corn
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp chilli pepper
- 1 tbsp "The Gourmet Collection" roast vegetables and fries spice blend
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Cook the quinoa and set it aside.
- Chop the onion and garlic, and sautee in olive oil for about 5 minutes until they become translucent.
- Chop the green and red peppers, and sautee with the onion and garlic.
- Add the corn with the mixture.
- Season this mixture with chilli pepper and the roast vegetable spices.
- Once this mixture is thoroughly sauteed, blend it in with four cups of quinoa in a soup pan, and continue to cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Add more spices to taste, and add the 2 limes.
- Taste test before you serve, if you want to add more spices, this is the time.
- Portion into four bowls, top with avocado and goat cheese, and serve!