This taco recipe is vegan, gluten free, and tastes better than a beef taco! You can pair these lentil tacos with a side of quinoa with black beans and corn for a complete Mexican fiesta meal!
- 4 cups green lentils
- 5 chopped tomatoes
- 1 white onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp adobo seasoning
- 2 limes
- chopped fresh cilantro, to taste
- pinch of: thyme, sage, basil
- vegan sour cream: I use Vegan Gourmet Brand
- head of romaine lettuce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Cook the lentils, set them aside and cool.
- Chop the onion, tomato and garlic and sautee in a pan in coconut oil.
- Once onion is translucent, stir in with the lentils, and season with the chilli powder, adobo seasoning, and other seasonings, for about 7 minutes.
- Pull the leaves from the romaine head, and line one side of the inside of the leaf with the vegan sour cream.
- Fill the rest of the leaf with the lentil mixture, and serve!