Home Made Pesto
Store bought pesto can be jam packed with sodium and preservatives to the point where it can feel pretty pointless to incorporate into a dish. I have a super quick homemade recipe that takes only 10 minutes to whip up! If you have a glass jar, make a large portion and store your leftovers to last you for the whole week.
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 of lemon
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- In a blender or food processor, combine the pine nuts, chopped basil, and olive oil.
- Blend until the pine nuts turn into a fine mixture with the basil.
- Add the garlic and nutritional yeast, squeeze half of the lemon, and blend in the Parmesan cheese (only add the parm if you do not want to keep this a vegan dish)
- Blend every well until it turns into a nice mixture, but do not puree completely.
- Keep stored in an airtight jar in the fridge, or store half of your batch in the freezer if you want it to keep for longer.