Healthy Potato Salad
Potato salad is another classic summertime side dish that can be loaded with mayo. To cut back on the processed condiments and make this a dairy free side, I use dijon mustard instead. Let’s face it though, a lot of people still want their potatoes to be creamy. To add this type of texture to the recipe, I’m adding avocado to the dressing to infuse the salad with a healthy fat. As always, I try to sneak in at least one veggie and my choice for this one is asparagus. Now this typically starchy side dish with little nutritional benefit is packed with healthy fats, fiber, Vitamin A, C, K, and folate! What a difference a couple ingredient swaps can make!
- 1 lb frozen diced potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 avocados
- 1 bag frozen peas
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 2 cloves garlic
- Dill, parsley, basil
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large sauce pan, heat up coconut oil. Heat up the potatoes and peas until defrosted.
- Chop and add the asparagus and cook for about 10-12 minutes until well cooked.
- In a blender, blend together 2 avocados, the dijon mustard, garlic, and seasonings.
- Turn off the heat and add the dressing. Mix well
- Transfer the potato salad into a food container and chill in the fridge or about an hour.
- Serve and enjoy!