Gluten Free Mushroom Risotto
Last week's recipe was a simple and versatile mushroom sauce, so I am incorporating it into a creamy and hearty (but healthy of course!) risotto recipe. This risotto is healthy because of three reasons: I am using quinoa instead of risotto rice, it is gluten free and vegetarian - with the option to be vegan - and is packed with antioxidants.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 cup homemade mushroom sauce
- 1/2 oz Feta Cheese
- pinch of himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- If you already have the quinoa cooked, and leftover mushroom sauce, you simply blend the mushroom sauce with the quinoa and stir in the added nutritional yeast, cheese, and olive oil.
- If you are starting from scratch:
- Cook the quinoa by bringing 5 cups of water to a boil in a pan with the 3 cups of quinoa and simmer for 20 minutes until the quinoa is cooked.
- The mushroom sauce recipe link is within this post – that will take about 20 minutes as well.
- Once the quinoa and mushroom sauce is made, follow the previous steps!