Egg Plant Roll Ups
This vegetarian dish is great to make for the family and is paired well with pasta, chicken, or a big creamy salad. Once you start munching on these roll ups you won’t be able to stop, but don’t worry because there is no added sugar and no crazy sodium! You will also get a good amount of calcium from the goats cheese and Phytonutrients from the eggplant. You will feel so great knowing that you are nurturing yourself with a delicious and filling meal!
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 packet fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 goats cheese packet
- sprinkle of oregano, parsley, onion powder, sage, and thyme
- olive oil
- 4 vine tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- Olive oil
- sprinkle of oregano, thyme, parsley, sage, basil
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Slice the eggplant into thin circular strips.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with olive oil.
- lace the eggplant slices onto the tray, and brush each slice with olive oil.
- Bake one side of the eggplant for 6 minutes, then flip each peace and bake the other side for another 6 minutes so the eggplant becomes tender and bendable.
- Take the tray out and let the eggplant slightly cool.
- In a bowl, mix half the packet of goat cheese, and all the herbs together.
- Place a small amount of the goat cheese mixture onto each piece of eggplant, then roll the eggplant up into slices.
- Place the eggplant roles back onto the tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- For the tomato sauce: Dice the onion, and garlic.
- In a sauce pan, heat up the olive oil and sautee the onion and garlic until translucent.
- Meanwhile, dice up the tomatoes.
- Add the tomatoes to the sauce pan along with the seasonings and basil and pat down the tomato cubes with a spatula to flatten them and turn the mixture into a sauce.
- Add the 1/2 cup of greek yogurt to the sauce pan, and let the whole mixture simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Once the eggplant is baked, place the rolls onto a serving dish, and then pour the tomato mixture on top. Place some chopped basil on top for garnish and serve!