Dairy Free & Grain Free Minestrone Soup
My veggie stars of this recipe are tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms, celery and green beans. My protein is white cannelloni beans, and my cheesy flavor comes from nutritional yeast. I love this minestrone recipe as it warms me up and I feel so satisfied without any noodles. The beans and veggies do the trick for me! This will also make enough soup to last you for at least three days so you can enjoy leftovers for lunch and dinner.
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 cup button mushrooms
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 handfuls green beans
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 celery stems
- 1 can white cannelloni beans
- 1/2 cup low sodium tomato soup
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 bay leaves
- pinch of: oregano, basil, pepper
- garlic paste
- Dice up all of the vegetables and onion.
- In a large pot, heat up the onion, garlic paste and coconut oil until translucent.
- Add the water and the tomato soup to the pot.
- Add the chopped veggies and beans to the pot.
- Add the bay leaves and other seasonings and bring the soup blend to medium heat.
- Let the soup simmer for about 25 minutes, sprinkle the nutritional yeast on top, and then serve!