Crunchy Lemon Quinoa Asparagus Bowl
This crunchy lemon quinoa asparagus bowl recipe is vegan, healthy, and packed with a punch of nutrients!
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable stock
- 1/2 large lemon
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- dried basil
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- Bring a medium sized saute pan filled halfway with water to a boil, and blanch the asparagus for 2-3 minutes until tender, but still crispy. Once cooked rinse with cold water to stop it from further cooking, and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saute pan, add the diced onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
- dd the cooked quinoa, vegetable stock, and seasonings to the saute pan and cook for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the cooked asparagus and nutritional yeast, and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with more nutritional yeast, or a seasoning of your choice (Parmesan cheese if you wish).