Cream of Broccoli Soup
This broccoli soup will be sure to satisfy your taste buds and warm up your stomach!
- 1 whole yellow onion
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 lb broccoli
- 2 cups low sodium veggie broth
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 cup water
- pinch of: thyme, parsely, basil, chilli powder
- In a soup pan, heat up the olive oil and simmer the diced onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add the water and vegetable broth.
- Stir in the broccoli.
- Add the nutritional yeast, almond milk, salt and spices.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let cool for about 3-4 minutes. Add to a food processor and blend the soup mixture.
- Add lemon juice to the mixture, blend for about 1 more minute, then serve!