Chopped Autumn Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
Home » Eat » Chopped Autumn Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing Chopped Autumn Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing Posted on October 28, 2014 by Sarah Baker in Eat, vegetarian // 2 Comments chopped-autumn-salad-recipe When in doubt, I make a hearty nutrient dense salad. It always fills me up and gives me a boost of energy after a weekend of indulgence, or helps me ease into a cleaner diet after I've wandered off my healthy eating path. This salad is as always, loaded with seasonal superfoods. Pomegranate for increase immunity and heart health, apples for feeling fuller longer, walnuts and avocado for supple skin, oranges for a burst of Vitamin C, and nutritional yeast for energy enhancing B Vitamins. Let's get to tossing! Nutritional Values Per Serving 706 calories Fat 41 g Carbs 77 g Protein 26 g
- 1 fuji apple
- 1 navel orange
- 1 handful walnuts
- 1 pomegranate
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 bunch romaine leaves
- 1 avocado
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 oz goat cheese (optional)
- Chop the romaine leaves into strips.
- Cut and scoop out the pomegranate seeds from the shell.
- Peel and dice the orange.
- Cut the apple into cubes.
- Cut and scoop out the avocado.
- In a bowl, mix the avocado, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and garlic powder together to create a creamy dressing.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together all ingredients and serve.