Cauliflower and Butternut Squash Stew
Time is running out to eat butternut squash soup, so I want to throw in one last recipe that I love that incorporates two of my favorite veggies: cauliflower and butternut squash. The combination of these two foods makes a powerhouse meal.
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 1 whole butternut squash
- 1 white onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- A piece of ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut spread
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups low sodium veggie broth
- Pinch of himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Pinch or oregano, thyme, basil
- Cilantro for topping
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- In a large soup pot, heat up 2 tbsp coconut oil.
- Chop the onion and garlic, and saute until both are translucent.
- Add the chopped cauliflower and squash, saute on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add the water and the vegetable stock.
- Keep heat on medium, simmer the liquid.
- Add the chopped ginger, and seasonings.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Transition the pot to a large food processor, and blend all ingredients (you can use a handheld blender as well)
- After the ingredients are blended, add the coconut spread and nutritional yeast, blend again.
- Serve in bowls, and top with cilantro.