Carrot Ginger Soup
Carrot Ginger Soup to Warm Your Soul. By eating this soup you will get: - Antioxidant support through Vitamin A, C, - Vision support from beta-carotene - Digestive support from the ginger - Amino acids and a blend of B vitamins from the nutritional yeast - Healthy skin with the help of Vitamin A and folate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 6-7 large carrots
- 1 cup shallots
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- seasonings for taste:
- On a stove top in a soup pan over medium heat, heat the coconut oil and cook the shallot and garlic until translucent (between 4-5 minutes).
- Add the ginger, carrots, and seasonings to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the water and veggie stock, then the nutritional yeast and bay leaf and simmer between 25-30 minutes.
- Blend the soup in a food processor or blender until well mixed.
- Serve warm and top with pumpkin seeds.