Cannellini Bean Bowl
Looking for a nutrient dense recipe that fills you up, keeps you full, is packed with antioxidants and also has one of the best beans for a low glyemic diet? Then make this Cannellini Bean Bowl! Highlighting the cannellini bean today, this bean is one of the least glycemic in the bean family which is great if you are looking to maintain a low glycemic diet due to insulin resistance and sugar cravings. To break it down, here are some other benefits of cannellini beans: - provides copper which is great for fighting wrinkles and keeping skin youthful - rich in dietary fiber to help your body mooooove things along - contains folic acid which is beneficial for heart health and for women who are pregnant - contains molybdenum which is a trace mineral that promotes detoxification from processed foods To give even more of a super food factor to this recipe, I've paired it with quinoa to add more substance and to make this dish a complete protein.
- 1 can low sodium cannellini beans
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese for topping
- 1 green chive
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 white onion
- 1 tbsp oregano, basil, thyme
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp water
- In a sauce pan, heat up and cook the chopped onion and garlic rinsed and drained cannellini beans and cook until tender.
- Add the already cooked quinoa to the pan and heat up for another 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp water to help transfer heat throughout the dish.
- Add the seasonings and heat for 3 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl and top with balsamic, olive oil, lemon and parmesan cheese.