Breakfast Chickpea Spinach Muffins
This recipe contains zero flour, and low carb / low glycemic. Not to mention it's also packed with a punch of iron protein and vitamins.
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 package frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- pink himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Defrost the frozen spinach.
- Rinse and drains the chickpeas.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Dump the bag of frozen spinach in a food processor with the two eggs, and pulse the ingredients together.
- Add the chickpeas in the processor and pulse until blended.
- Add the nutritional yeast, parmesan, paprika and salt/pep and pulse until blended.
- Grease the muffin tin with coconut oil and place the muffin mixture into the sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes - after 25 minutes check with a fork or toothpick to see if the muffins are ready. You can do this by puncturing a muffin with a fork and if the fork comes out clean, your muffins are ready!