Bok Choy Soup
Bok choy is extremely low in calories, contains antioxidants that may protect against certain cancers, contains Vitamin A, C, K, iron, calcium, and potassium. Combine all these benefits with the fact that it is a cruciferous veggie (helps with weight loss), has flavonoids and selenium (help with immunity), it makes sense why this veggie is on my radar lately.
- 10 baby bok choy
- 2 cups low sodium veggie stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp red miso paste
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Dice the onion and garlic.
- Heat up the coconut oil in a soup pan and saute the onion and garlic.
- Add the broth and water, add the bok choy.
- Add the miso paste and ginger.
- Bring soup to a boil then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl and serve!