3 Step Quinoa Pesto
To make my own vegan version, I stayed away from dairy and opted for my trusty nutritional yeast. The robust taste from the pine nuts and basil also balance out the recipe. I make quite large batches of this so that I can add it to my salads and protein bowls. If I can recommend one small step this week to a balanced babe diet, it’s to cook in large quantities. Make your plant based recipes in large batches so that you save more time the rest of the week! This quinoa pesto recipe can truly be a great one to make in batches as it can be really addicting, too.
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 package fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups pine nuts
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- Cook your quinoa according to package instructions.
- In a blender, blend the basil, pine nuts, nutritional yeast, garlic, olive oil and lemon.
- Pulse ingredients in the blender until well mixed.
- Fold in the pesto mixture with the quinoa once the quinoa is cooked and drained.
- Serve by itself, topped on a salad, or on top of zucchini noodles and enjoy!