Traditional Hungarian Easter Brunch
Easter is one of the reason for celebration, the sun is already out, the flowers started blooming and weather is getting warmer. In Hungary, Easter is 4 days long. It starts on Good Friday and ends on Easter Monday. On Sunday and Monday boys visit the girls in the neighborhood to splash some cold water on them to kee as fresh and blooming as flowers. We have a big brunch on Sunday and Monday that includes devilled eggs, smoked cooked ham, fresh vegetables, cheeses, brioche bread and horseradish sauce. If you want to try something differet and healthy, look no further!
- 1 Joint Smoked ham
- 1 Bag Mini brioche breads
- 1 Piece Cheddar cheese
- 1 Piece Red Leicester Cheese
- 1 Piece Camanbert cheese
- 1 Jar Horseradish
- 1 Packet Spring onion
- 1 Big Bell pepper
- 1 Big Cucumber
- 2 Big Tomatoes
- 12 Large Eggs
- Boil eggs until hard.
- Cook ham in water with salt and bay leaves.
- Wash and slice up vegetables.
- Slice cheese.
- When eggs are boiled, cut them in half and put the yolks in a bowl.
- Mix yolks with 2 tablespoons of mayonaisse, salt, pepper, paprika powder.
- When smooth, fill it back inside egg white shells
- Top with slices of gherkin slices.
- When ham is cooked, slice and place on place.
- Present vegetables, eggs and cheese on separate plates.
- Eat a bit of everything with some horseradish!
- That's it, enjoy! :)